Pages

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Tell another mom she's a good mom

I like reading Boobsy's blog because her entries prepare me for what might happen. It's easier to relate when you have someone who is on the same kinda frequency.

When I had that lil bout of post-natal depression, I twitted, she replied. Sorta gave me hope, made me feel that I wasn't that alone, that someone went through it and survived. Of course, when I needed a really fullout rant, there's the endless texting to Arafah.

When I felt crazily down about having an emergency c-sect, I read the various forums/articles she posted. That helped a shitload. I'm good with Google but sometimes, it's easier when someone helps to filter out the crap. Truth is, even at 11 months, I occasionally slip in that hole when I remember how alone and awake I was when I was sliced open. Then I mentally list out the reasons why the c-sect was needed and feel a little better.

When we had to take that flight to KL, her travel tips were amazing. I did the whole "bring toy! bring snacks! distract her!". I might have over-packed the diapers especially since it was only a weekend trip but hey, better more than less. Babies are highly unpredictable. But the husband was just as amazing when I needed the help.

When I started this blog, she linked me to whoring for traffic. Hahahaha. Ice cream money you know.

Every now and then, I stalk her blog for her tips on motherhood or read the articles/links she posted. She has an eight month headstart and weird as it may seem, I think our born-on-24th babies might have similar characters. You know those annoying theories they have on FB about the characters of people born on certain dates of the month (like 17th people are awesome), yeah..similar. Not really factual but interesting to read.

I've lost my direction with this entry. Haha. Ok, what I'm saying is there are few women I look up to for help/advice, she is one of them. There are few women that I say "If she can do it, I don't see why I can't", she is one of them.

So Boobsy, thank you. You've helped me in many ways and as much as I would like to return the favour, I have no idea where to start. No wait, I do. I'll hunt down a supplier for nursing sports bra. You are an awesome mom and doing just fine.

It's not much but here's some traffic~ =)

Boobsy can be found here: http://deardaryai-nur.blogspot.sg

6 comments:

Erda M. Kamal said...

thanks eh! now i want to cry. because i'm an emotional wreck at the moment ahhaha so i cry and then laugh and then laugh at other people (tsk) come ere' hugggg!

Dhenz Nogara said...

An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a colleague who has been conducting a little research on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast simply because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this matter here on your web page.sbobet online

nhymhart sobrevega said...

I enjoy looking through an article that can make men and women think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!agent sbobet

nhymhart sobrevega said...

You're so interesting! I don't think I've read a single thing like that before. So wonderful to find another person with unique thoughts on this subject. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with a bit of originality.visit my web blog..best online betting sitesThanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this matter here on your site.

Dhenz Nogara said...

I seriously love your blog.. Great colors & theme. Did you develop this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m trying to create my own website and would like to know where you got this from or what the theme is called. Thank you!sbobet

Dhenz Nogara said...

I seriously love your blog.. Great colors & theme. Did you develop this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m trying to create my own website and would like to know where you got this from or what the theme is called. Thank you!Sbobet

Post a Comment